Registered Counselling Psychologist based in Weybridge, Surrey, UK
I am registered with The Health & Care Professions Council, the British Psychological Society and Division of Counselling Psychology.
My name is Dr Melanie Maynard and I am a Registered Counselling Psychologist running a private practice in Weybridge, Surrey.
I have been offering therapy to clients for over a decade and I am experienced in working with adults and couples struggling with a range of difficulties including:
- Low mood/depression
- Worry/anxiety/panic attacks/phobias/health anxiety
- Work-related or other stress
- Relationship/marital problems
- Divorce adjustment (Specialism)
- Addiction (Specialism in treating Problem Gambling)
- Baby blues/post natal depression (Special Interest)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Bereavement and loss
- Low self-esteem
- Recent or past trauma/PTSD/abuse
- Interpersonal, attachment and adjustment difficulties
- Eating disorders
If you are struggling with any of these difficulties, then I may be able to help you. I benefit from being able to offer two types of therapy that I can integrate flexibly according to your needs. I can offer both short- and long-term therapy, and can tailor the therapy to your needs and goals. See Therapy for more information.
I have also co-facilitated a weekly Post-Natal Depression Support Group in Guildford. Please see http://www.postnataldepression.com/cedar-house-support-group for more information.
When we feel stressed, worried or low it is often hard for us to know what we need to do to help us feel better. I am therefore happy to offer a free telephone consultation to help you decide if I am the right therapist for you. Please use my Booking Page to make an enquiry.